The included remote has IR learning and can learn your TV Remote’s "Power" and "Volume" controls. You can program the included remote to learn your TV Remote's "Power" and "Volume" by doing the following:
1. Hold the top of the SmartStick Remote and your TV Remote so their IR sensors are about 2-inches parallel to each other (as shown below) for better communication.
2. On the SmartStick Remote, hold down the "Power" button for 3 seconds (until you see the IR light comes on -- solid red) to enter IR Learning Mode.
3. On the SmartStick Remote, Press the "Power" button again to indicate you want to set it (you should see the IR light flash red slowly).
4. On your TV Remote, press and hold the "Power" button until the IR light flashes red quickly to indicates pairing was successful.
5. On the SmartStick Remote press the "Vol +" (slow red flash), then on your TV Remote press and hold "VOL +" until the IR light flashes red quickly.
6. Repeat step 5 for "Vol -".
7. To exit the IR Learning Mode, wait until the red IR light on the SmartStick Remote turns off (5-10 seconds).